Wow Now Thats what I call Music

1.29.2007


Slow Down You Move too Fast



Man, I have been busy lately. In high school I tried really hard to get my picture in the dictionary next to the word slacker; I skipped class, I made fun of all the "involved" kids, I went to the nurses office and took a nap during prayer services I was determined not to do anything. It was really nice.

When I pictured college I basically figured I would go to class twice a week and get shitfaced in my enormous dorm room for the rest of the time. I thought professors would wear tweed and speak in British accents. I did not plan on having only a coulple of hours a day stopping thinking while watching My Super Sweet 16. I blame Ryan Reynolds for this, that movie lied to me.

When I finally came to college, armed with 4 bottles of Grocery Store vodka hidden in my pillow cases, I was shocked when I actually had to figure out what the hell I wanted to do with my life.
I had to start thinking about resumes and volunteer hours and awards. My life became filled with meetings and how many meetings I had basically validated how good a job I was doing at being "super college chick." Is this just me? Did I suddenly become some supper compulsive type A personality?

What happened to getting drunk on a Monday?
I need to take that back.
I think I am going to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home