Wow Now Thats what I call Music

1.20.2007


My favorite afternoon


Today I discovered something new to have a love affair with, and that something is the Grounds for Thought coffee shop/bookstore.
I regret not finding this place in my freshman year, but honestly the only other time I have visited to the coffee shop was for an interview with an attractive frat guy for a Gavel article. On my first visit I wandered around downtown BG for 15 minutes before the Frat guy had to identify me by my neon-colored vest and direct me in the right direction. When we finaly met I was not prepared and I stuttered. Needless to say, after the interview I ran out of that place quick.
I never got to linger.
Today though- I went on a tour of BG and found the store again.
This is the type of bookstore that I have only seen in movies and imagined in books, it is like an old fashioned barber shop, I have always known that they existed, passed them on the street every so often but never actually been inside one.
Let me just say that I love this store; it is packed with books I have never heard of which are arranged in no coherent order. Unlike the Books-A-Million you can read for hours and drink coffee and not feel rushed, there are no pushy sales clerks asking if you need any help finding something, no packs of pre-teens giggling and reading latest teen-beat magazine.

There are boxes full of books that you have to lean over to reach what you want. There are cooking books from 1937. There are paperback romance novels that will make your grandma blush. Books from 1797. I had a major nerd erection.
After about an hour of drooling I found a book and took a seat in the children's section in a chair that was about a foot off of the ground and which my ass was clearly too wide for.
I think I spent about 2 hours here just by myself, and for a dollar fifty for the green tea and 67 cents for the book I had the best 2 dollar afternoon.

Thank you BG tourism.

1 Comments:

  • ooh oooh ooh i loooove grounds for thought!

    did you know they have free wireless? because they do!

    their hot chocolate is really really good. i like to get mine with hazelnut in it.

    OH MY GOSH I LOVE GROUNDS FOR THOUGHT!

    By Blogger emily, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home