Wow Now Thats what I call Music

3.12.2007

A week without Internet? Oh no!

I am so out of the loop.

So this week:
....
yeah not a whole lot happened.
I saw Reno 911 which was what I expected, a 22 minute show turned into a 90 minute movie.
Also I saw Jim Carey's
latest The Number 23. Some advice for you, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE, it's
just bad. Really bad, I'm willing to bet it's worse than Ghost Rider.

Also I did not have Internet for an entire week! If you know me you know I spend about 3 hours a day on this damn thing being a creeper and stalking people between class. I can only imagine this will get worse once I move off campus and have the choice between I Love New York andfacebook.

I think the break was good for me though because, well let's face it, I'm pretty easily influenced. I mean fuck subliminal messages, you don't even have to try hard to get me to do something.
I have been convinced to do some truly stupid things at the suggestion of a movie or commercial.
Harold and Kumar convinced me to eat White Castle (two words burger paste). After watching The Devil Wears Parda I really wanted to wear my pointy heels everywhere I went, after watching The Greg Louganis Story on TV I signed up for diving lessons (mind you at this point in my life I was 4.10" and 145 pounds), and every time I watch Dazed and Confused I get this uncountable urge to get high and hang out in a field.

I am an advertiser's dream: young, no real bills to speak of, and a new 400 dollar tax refund in my bank account. Give me some very now celebrity
telling me to buy a 40 dollar pair of socks that I
would never have to wash and would somehow help save the environment
And I'll do it.
At the suggestion of others I have bought a cru card that I have thrown away, worn a shrug, played 4 games of asshole when I had a test the next day, and danced for 32 straight hours.

So I have concluded that my fairly weak willpower and no ability to think for myself means that the Internet is not the best place for me.
This thing can get me to do anything.
Yes I am the one who fills out the 3,000 page survey so I can claim my new Ipod video.
Things the Internet has convinced me to do:
  • I have taken really emo pictures of myself for my myspace.
  • I trusted wikipedia as a source for my english paper. I got a C.
  • I now want to start a cult


  • The message boards at imdb convinced me to go see the Number 23.
  • I have spent hours on websites saying that the 9-11 button was pushed by Dick Cheney.
  • and after watching about 10 videos of Nanny 911 I am about ready to get my tubes tied.

It's good to be back.

3 Comments:

  • What an awesome video. Especially the repetitive, borderline-psychotic synth music.

    By Blogger Matt, at 3:06 PM  

  • "Hi, Theresa! I'm hot young celebrity Josh Hartnett and I say you should not go to Cleveland this weekend and instead indulge in two of the coolest parties occurring in this area! You know which ones! Trust me! I was in Pearl Harbor!"

    Also, ditto to Matt.

    By Blogger Dustin Meadows!, at 3:18 PM  

  • my weirdest media-inspired obsession is with the mothman. that stuff FREAKS ME OUT. all this summer i was afraid to get out of my car, and often times found myself looking up through the sunroof of my mother's van in fear of seeing it flying above the car (one account claimed that)

    i am also kind of afraid of bridges, too.

    i'm a real headcase.

    By Blogger emily, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home